Trash Collection (Contracted Out)
Recycling reduces waste.
What day is your trash collection day? Find your street name on this alphabetical street list (PDF).
Things to Remember
Waste Management provides our fully automated solid waste collection. Remember:
- Your cart must be placed within 5 feet of the road on a flat surface
- The cart handles should be facing away from the road
- Your cart will need 3 feet of clearance from mailboxes, recycle bins, utility poles, shrubs, etc.
- The cart lid must be fully closed-do not put items on top of the cart lid
- Please bag all garbage to prevent wind-blown items and to keep the inside of your cart clean
- Cars parked in front of or near your cart prohibit the automated system on the Waste Management trucks from emptying your cart. If the trucks are not provided reasonable access to your cart, your trash may not be collected
If you live on a road without a turn around area for our collection vehicle, you may be required to place your cart on the opposite side of the road so it can be collected safely. Additionally, we will no longer collect trash placed outside the cart. If you need an additional cart, please call 336-723-5744 and a 2nd cart will be delivered and serviced for an additional monthly fee. Remember, recycling will reduce your waste volume.
Items That Cannot Be Collected
As of July 1, 2011, the following items are banned from North Carolina Landfills:
- Computer equipment
- Printer/fax/scan devices
- Computer monitors/printers/electronics
- Construction debris
- Dead animals
- Hazardous waste including:
- Car batteries
- Yard waste/dirt/bricks
To assist with additional waste, Clemmons' citizens are invited to bring excess bagged trash to the Public Works facility between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m, Monday through Friday (except holidays) and dispose of it in a compactor. No bulky items can be accepted.
Renovating or decluttering or you missed the spring bulk pickup? You might want to consider using Waste Management's Bagster Program.
How to Handle Hazardous Waste
There is a permanent household hazardous waste disposal facility for residents of Forsyth County called 3RC The EnviroStation.
3RC takes the following:
- Brake fluid
- Bug sprays
- Cyanide waste
- Fluorescent light bulbs.
- Metal polish
- Motor & fuel oil
- Other poisonous, ignitable, corrosive products
- Oven cleaner
- Rat bait
- Rug shampoo
- Unmixed photo material
Enter 3RC at the gate, follow drive and remain in your car. You will be asked for proof of your Forsyth County residency (driver's license). If you have any questions, call the 3RC facility.