Forsyth County Sheriff's Office
- Traffic in roundabouts move in a counterclockwise direction
- Slow down as you approach the roundabout
- Stop only to yield to vehicles already in the circle
- Wait for a gap and merge into the moving traffic
- If you miss your turn, just go around again
Just a Reminder
- Always be on the lookout for any suspicious activity in your neighborhood - strange vehicles or people on foot at odd hours.
- Always lock your car - even in your driveway.
- Never leave valuables in plain sight - take them inside or at least place them in the trunk.
- Never leave your car running or with the keys in the ignition.
- To report suspicious activity dial the non-emergency number, 336-727-2112, or send an email. To report criminal activity occurring right now, call 911.
Safety Tips for Traveling
- Don't forget to have your mail and newspaper picked up or stopped.
- Get a timer for your lights and a radio.
- Let your neighbors know you will be gone so they can look after your home and ask them to park in your driveway from time to time.
- Let the Sheriff's Department know that you will be gone and request a security check.
Plan to be away from home or your business for a few days? Request a security check. Just dial the non-emergency number, 336-727-2112, or send an email with this information:
- Emergency contact information
- Who is allowed to be at the residence/business
- Contact number
- Number and type of animals in the residence
- Time and date you will leave
- Time and date you will return